mardi 19 juin 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #2

Teaser Tuesday est un meme hébergé par Should Be Reading. Il consiste à prendre le lire que l'on lit présentement, l'ouvrir à une page aléatoire et à retranscrire deux phrases, pour donner un avant-goût. Attention de ne pas poster de spoilers! Et bien sur, inclure le titre et l'auteur du roman!
 
 
 
"The Octopus was for one part of her, the grown-up part, the part that could watch and wait and lie with confident charm to the woman in the line; the carousel was for the other Amy, for the little girl she really was. Under the spell of the evening, its lights and sounds and the still-churning part of him that had ridden the Octopus four times in a row, he wanted to ask her things: who she really was; about her mother, her father if she had one, and where she was from; about the nun, Lacey, and what had happened at the zoo, the craziness in the parking lot."

-The Passage, Justin Cronin

6 commentaires:

  1. This looks like a really different story and read. Great teaser!

    Preet @ AWR

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you for the comment! It is a really good book! A nice surprise, didn't think it'll be THAT good!

      I'll check out your blog!

      Supprimer
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about this book, but haven't gotten around to reading it. This teaser makes me want to take the plunge, so thanks for sharing!

    I hope you'll stop by and check out my teaser!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I'm about 15% trough only right now, but I'm liking it so far. The writing style of the author is absolutly fantastic!

      Thanks for the comment, I'll be sure to check out your blog!

      Supprimer
  3. what did happen at the zoo? interesting indeed!!

    here is my TT

    http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/06/18/teaser-tuesday-reckless-by-cornelia-funke/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. The funny thing is, although I did read what hapened at the zoo... I still don't really know what hapened... let just say it was weird! (It's a really good book, I'm really liking it so far!)

      Thanks for the comment, I'll check your blog!

      Supprimer